The MSS Badminton CCA consists of both girls and boys team. The East Zone Badminton Tournament is the annual highlight, in which the team competes in singles and double matches under the ‘B’ and ‘C’ divisions.
- To develop members’ badminton, playing skills, fitness level and game tactics
- To instill team spirit, sportsmanship, and discipline in badminton
- To develop leadership qualities in every player
The team trains on a weekly basis, under the guidance of an experienced Coach and Teachers-in-charge. The weekly training helps the players to level up their skills in playing badminton and also build up their stamina and endurance. Sportsmanship and character are also heavily emphasised in MSS Badminton. Students are given various leadership positions, which promote character development and instill discipline.
Competitions participated in recent years:
- East-Zone Inter-School Badminton Tournament
- Tampines-Meridian JC Badminton Open
- Wee Kim Wee Badminton Challenge
- Pilot Pen Badminton Championship
- CC’s challenge
- School Friendlies
- This year, our school teams displayed good sportsmanship and team spirit in the East- Zone Inter-School Badminton Championship. We also have organized the inter class badminton competition.
- We also saw the teams’ involvement in Values-in-Action projects (VIA). Our teams volunteered their services in Flag Day organised by the Heart Foundation.
- Every Monday and Thursday 3 pm to 6 pm
- Mr Cheong Chee Kong Bernard(1st i/c)
- Mdm Yu Wei (2nd i/c)
- Mrs Wan-Lim Lan Hiang
- Mdm Selvi Varathappan
Coach: Mr. Stanley Wong Yong Thiam